The Objective: The objective of the company’s policy, as a fundamental part of its health & safety management system is to prevent, insofar as it reasonably practicable during the course of the work or duties being undertaken, any accidental occurrence which may directly or indirectly result in:
- Injury or occupational ill health to any person.
- Damage to, or loss of any plant, equipment, property, materials or products.
- Delays in any processes or operation.
- Event which may otherwise be detrimental to efficiency and/or prestige.
- Adverse impact upon the environment
Scope: The policy is applicable to all Poslo employees. This policy will also apply to all persons having responsibilities which relate to and necessitate their presence and the execution of their duties within the areas of Poslo works and premises. These persons include the employees of sub-contractors, consulting practices and the client plus self employed persons.
- Responsibility: The application and promotion of the policy is the responsibility of senior management of this company. Whilst duties and tasks may be delegated, the overall responsibility remains that of senior management to ensure that the company complies with all relevant statutory Health & Safety Legislation, common law and approved codes of practice.
- Personnel Obligation: All company employees regardless of their status are expected to abide by the principles of this policy as and where applicable. We also expect the co-operation of all those mentioned within the scope section of this policy to work in such a way that accidents to themselves and others will be prevented.
- Participation: Individuals can make vital contributions to the development and implementation of policies. There will be opportunities for participation in this process via the involvement of employee representatives.
- Application: The following principles shall be applied to all operatives undertaken by the company and shall be the basis of any specific instructions, methods or systems which may be necessary in order to achieve the policy objective. To ensure that this policy can be successfully implemented, the company will provide such reasonable funds as necessary.
- Precaution Measures: Suitable and adequate measures shall be taken to safeguard any person. Plant equipment, property, material or product likely to be exposed to any known or suspected hazards associated with or arising out of the processes, tasks or operations being undertaken. The Company will take into account at tendering stage, those factors which help to eliminate injury, damage and waste.
- Planning and Control: All activities shall be conducted in a responsible manner and so planned and controlled that the possibility of unplanned events occurring is reduced to the practicable minimum. It is recognised that accident prevention is a joint responsibility of all those mentioned in the scope section of this policy, and that to understand their joint responsibilities, joint constructive effort will be necessary.
- Health, Safety and Welfare: Adequate provision shall be made for the welfare needs of employees whilst carrying out their tasks and any hazard to health associated with the work shall be subjected to strict precautionary measures.
- Measuring, Monitoring, Reviewing and Auditing: All company activities and the use of related plant, equipment and materials which affect the safety of that place of work, shall be inspected in accordance with legal requirements. Reports will be made and distributed to those concerned as necessary. Safety inspections and other activities to measure, monitor and review health & safety performance, and the effectiveness of the health & safety management system will be carried out by competent personnel.
This policy shall be reviewed and kept up-to date by the Director in charge of Health & Safety, to take into account changes in legislation and reflect changes in the nature and range of activities carried out by the company.